Where are we now?
Precinct master planning activities have started and are scheduled for completion by the end of 2019. These activities include:
- understanding trends and emerging issues
- supply and demand investigations
- detailed site planning studies
- the development of precinct concepts and a master plan
- targeted stakeholder engagement, including consultation with neighbours
Implementation of the master plan will require ongoing collaboration between the Queensland Government and Redland City Council, and will involve community engagement. Timeframes for implementation will depend on prioritisation of budgets.
What is next?
Council will conduct a number of technical studies, including cultural heritage, ecological, geotechnical and services capacity, and residents may see contractors on site.