Minor and Administrative Planning Scheme Amendment Package 07/19 Adopted in June 2019
On 5 June 2019, Redland City Council resolved to adopt a package of administrative, minor and planning scheme policy amendments to the Redland City Plan 2018 (City Plan).
The Amendment Package (07/19) included the following changes:
- Correct typing errors in the Specialised Centre and Community Facility Zone codes;
- Modify the explanation of the term ‘Southern Moreton Bay Islands’;
- Modify a legislation reference in the Waterway Corridors and wetlands overlay code;
- Amend outdated terminology relating to the Priority Infrastructure Plan;
- Amend references to the Reconfiguring a lot code;
- Amend references to the Landscape code;
- Amend ‘and’ ‘or’ statements in multiple zone codes;
- Amend ‘and’ ‘or’ statements in overlay and development codes;
- Replace outdated terminology relating to Koala legislation;
- Correct missing references in the Transport, servicing, access and parking code;
- Incorporate references to the Multiple Dwelling Design Guide;
- Update Schedule 5 (Designation of premises for development);
- Clarify acceptable outcomes which are not alternatives to the Queensland Development Code;
- Make minor changes to the Healthy waters code;
- Update Schedule 4 (notation of decisions under section 89 of the Act);
- Provide clarity regarding which parts of the Queensland Development Code apply;
- Further align City Plan with the Regulated Requirements in the Planning Regulation 2017;
- Amend the table of assessment for the Coastal Protection (erosion prone areas) overlay;
- Make a record of the designation of land as a transport noise corridor in the City Plan;
- Clarify application requirements where development is within 9m of a revetment wall;
- Include the ‘Emerald Fringe’ of Coochiemudlo Island as a Local Heritage Place;
- Amend the zoning of the central ‘boulevard’ in South East Thornlands from residential to Recreation and open space;
- Amend the zoning of the approved ‘Shoreline’ development from Rural to Emerging community;
- Amend provisions relating to surveying in Planning Scheme Policy 2 (Infrastructure works).
The Amendment Package took effect as part of Redland City Plan 2018 (Version 3) on 17 July 2019. Further detail can be viewed on Council's Redland City Plan amendments webpage.
For further information on planning scheme amendments, please contact Redland City Council’s City Planning and Assessment Group on (07) 3829 8999.