May 2017 update
Progress has been made on the SMBI Ferry Terminal project,
What we have done:
- SMBI ferry terminal users and stakeholders consulted on their thoughts on the existing terminals.
- A design brief incorporating community and key stakeholder input was prepared.
- Invitations to tender for design services were issued.
- Tenders were evaluated and designers appointed.
- Design concepts prepared.
- Key stakeholders consulted on the design concepts.
- Revised design concepts incorporating stakeholder feedback were prepared and costed.
What we are doing now:
- Business cases in support of funding applications to Council and the state are being prepared.
- Funding applications will be made to Council and the State Government.
- On approval of upgrades which can be funded, the community will be consulted on the design concepts.
- Revised ‘preliminary’ designs incorporating community feedback will be prepared.